Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Tom Magliozzi Passing....

Life sometimes throws us curves and the last few weeks have not been an exceptions to that rule.  First with the passing of my Aunt, then followed by my friend and fellow rider Al (photos), and then yesterday Tom Magliozzi of Car Talk has passed.  While Tom was not a close friend like Al or a relative like my Aunt, I have been listening to Car Talk since the '80's whenever I have had the chance.  I really enjoyed listening to Tom and Ray's weekly banter over the years.  The show often reminded me of discussions with my brothers, my relationship with my wife, and I sometimes I even learned a bit about the workings of the automobile.  The last couple of years I have been listening to show podcasts using PocketCaster when traveling by motorcycle or car, when out in the backyard grilling or working in the garage.  I think mixing the show in with so many pleasant activities gave me an even greater appreciation of the show, plus with the podcasts I rarely had to miss a show.

http://www.cartalk.com/blogs/staff-blog/tom-magliozzi-1937-2014

https://twitter.com/cartalk/status/529384576834371584/photo/1

No comments: