Thursday, April 23, 2009

Branson Blitz #1 - Engles BMW Triumph in KC

I took Thursday and Friday off to go to the Branson Blitz and visit my folks on Eagle Rock, MO. Randy and I did this last year and we both had a blast. Its really just a reason to do a couple days of serious riding down in curvy Arkansas and Northern Missouri before it gets hot and busy there.

Everything I was doing before our departure Wednesday was running late. Thankfully, Tuesday night Stan and Chuck came over to our place and helped me get my GS1200ADV ready by changing the final drive fluid while I changed out the battery and put some rubber washers on the windshield. I really appreciated the help.

We rode down to KC and stayed at Jim's son Trent's house Wednesday evening after work. Thursday morning we stopped at Engle BMW Triumph in KC. They had a new red K1300GT which I almost thought Jim was going to buy. I bought some small spade fuses for my front axillary jack so I could run my GPS. We spent the rest of the day following Jim down some back roads down to Eagle Rock, including a really curvy section of old Highway 66. We got to Eagle Rock a few minutes before 6 PM.


No comments: