Monday, November 07, 2011

What a great weekend

Weather has been great.  My co-workers and friends threw me a surprise Birthday Party Friday evening.  I was caught completely off guard.  I'm not much of a birthday person, but this party was about perfect for me and I really enjoyed it.


Saturday after breakfast Randy and I decided to meet at Loyd's place about 1 PM for some big dual sport riding.  When I got there Loyd was in the garage sitting on a 5 gallon bucket writing notes in some kind of Woodbury County Conservation Hunter's booklet with rough black and white maps.  


We took off about 1:20 and we had a great ride.  I don't know how many miles of gravel and dirt roads we road, but there was plenty and we had a great time.  I didn't have to stray to far from town in case I got a work page.  We visited Loyds parents for coffee and then stopped in Smithland at Runts.  The route took us all over the place so I'm not even sure where I was most of the time but we saw some great dirt and gravel roads.  The low and no maintenance Loess Hills back roads are unbelievably fun on a GS.


Loyd and Randy taking a break at the Anderson farm.

Checking out the new culverts and tiles at Anderson farm.

Randy followed Loyd down his dirt bike trail.

No comments: