Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Vacation Attempt Number #2 Starts Wedensday

Leaving early for the Top of the Rockies Rally in Paonia, CO Wednesday morning.  Bike is better now as Chuck helped me get the new front Ohlin shock installed tonight which arrived today.  It helps to have someone who really knows there way around a wrench helping you.  We ended up taking the computer out after we dropped that shock washer and then the computer clip into never-never land.  The shock is huge.  There is about 1/8" of distance between the spring and the plastic alternator belt cover.  Going to be riding this bike "Pig" a long time now after all the recent investments in it.  Also, hats off to Dave at Bak BMW for getting me some great pricing and these mammoth Ohlins.

Looking forward to a good trip as it seems like forever since I've been able to really get out and ride.  I'll try to post some photos to my blog here.

No comments: