Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vacation Plan Problems

Getting ready for our next trip to the BMW National Rally. We are going to try a 2-up trip for the first time since 1985 and I have been busy the last few weeks getting Pig into 2-up condition. I've got 1.5 days left to finish preparing and pack.

I ordered a trailer hitch for Pig from Dauntless a few weeks ago. It took about 4 weeks to built and paint it. I got a FedEx tracking number for the shipment late last Friday from Dauntless and I have been patiently checking daily to see where the package is since then.

At 10:58 am this morning I got an email notice from Fed Ex that the package was delivered, yeah! Well, Fed Ex and I have a limited, but strained history of home deliveries, so I thought it would be best to call wife at 11 AM and have her check the front steps. She did and the package wasn't there.

After calling FedEx and verifying the right address was on the package, I spent my lunch trolling though my neighborhood looking at doorsteps. I'm frantically waiting for a local Fed Ex manager or driver to call me back to figure out where my package was delivered. Fed Ex Frowney Face Goes Here!! My vacation plans are on the line.

1 comment:

Brion Hase said...

Shortly before 10 PM, our neighbor Mark came done to let us know that they had delivered the package to his address by mistake. A FedEx investigator called me at 11:41 to tell me they were starting a missing package investigation. After letting him explain, I told him they had delivered the package to the wrong address. My wife later told me that at about 10:30 AM the driver stopped by our house to verify we had received the package.