Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Branson Blitz - Day 1.5 - Old Hwy 71 Sign Photo

One of the old Highway 71 signs.  I was pretty excited when I saw one.  Back thirty years ago they had these everywhere.  Now with the new 4 lanes of straightened out, boring 71 they don't need the signs anymore.  On a motorcycle you have to take the old highway which runs near the new one in a lot of places.


A few miles after this I was nearly side swiped by a white sedan that came about two feet into my lane on a pretty easy curve on Hwy 90.   Back home we would call that curve a sweeper.   I managed to get out of the way on the right.  Later I followed a flatbed semi tractor-trailer on Hwy 90 which was driving down the center for several miles.  He would move a couple feet to the right as he got near the crest of each hill.  I waited until he turned left and I went right.  You really have to stay to the right on these roads, particular the left-hand curves.

No comments: