Monday, April 23, 2012

Branson Blitz - Sunday, Day 6.5 - Homeward Bound Wrap Up

It was kind of a rough day with cold forty something temps and an awful lot of bobble-head shaking wind, but I'm a cup half full rider so I'm happy it didn't rain.   It was much warmer north of KC.  Pig got some of the worst R1200GS gas mileage ever on Hwy 71 south of KC with 27 mpg for about a 100 mile stretch.  After we left Eric at Nebraska City, Loyd and I got back to Sioux City about 6:30 PM.  Highlights of the day was ride through Roaring River State Park, Highway 112 to Seligman, and about 30 miles of Highway 90 from Seligman to Jane, the rest was pretty straight and dull.  It was a 540 mile day.


It was nice to be home, but I was pretty tired.  



GPS after I pulled into the garage.  1758 miles, plus 20 or so where I forgot to turn the GPS on.  Regarding max speed - Please don't believe my R12GS is even capable of 144 mph... that is a GPS error which occurs when you get in rocky hills.

Back to work Monday morning.  What the heck, is that frost on my windshield?





No comments: