Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Branson Blitz - Wednesday, Day 2.5

I'm at my parents house in Eagle Rock today.  No motorcycling just hanging out with my parents.   This morning after breakfast we had cigar on the deck.  My Dad's friend John really liked his.  In the afternoon we took the boat up Table Rock lake past the bridge I wrote about yesterday in Beaver.  It was a lot of fun and I got a lot of photos and some photo tips from my dad..

Blooming wisteria vines growing up from near water level.

We saw a pair of Osprey near the water.  Could not see a nest.

The old one-laned bridge near Beaver AR with the Castle House in the background.

Castle house, hard to see the spires behind it from water level this time of year... they tell me anyways.

Yes, they have Canadian geese even this far south in the summer.  We even saw a couple of them nested.  This fella didn't seem to be very shy about the boat.

Turkey Buzzard taking a tree break.

A blue heron in a tree just above the water.  They normally don't let you get this close, but we must not have been threatening.  We probably floated by her 5 times from about 50 or 60 meters away.  I took this with my 300mm lens in Aperture Priority mode.  I'll post some of the rest of the photos in Picasa later.
Loyd and Eric should arrive Thursday evening.  Hoping to get a chance to get away from here and see if I can find the rest of the Sioux City crew sometime Thursday, but not sure how that is going to work.  I had promised the folks to spend a couple days with just them.

No comments: